This site has been in BETA for 1619 days
About Us

Lithonia Middle School

SCHOOL HISTORY

Lithonia Middle School opened its doors in August 2003, residing in a facility that was the heart of Lithonia for decades. The school is located in the fully  renovated building that housed Lithonia High School until October of 2002. The school retains the traditional mascot of the “Bulldog,” and the colors are black and gold.   We continue to foster the tradition of excellence and extraordinary community service.
 

 MISSION

The mission of Lithonia Middle School is to provide a safe learning environment that empowers students with effective tools to be respectful and responsible citizens while fostering continuous learning. 
 
VISION
 
The vision of Lithonia Middle School is to achieve academic excellence through quality instruction, student accountability, and community involvement, while empowering future leaders. 
 
 2015 - 2016 Reflections...Accomplishments           
*Ms. Wanda Riley and sponsors took five members of the National Honor Society to a conference in Chicago, Illinois. 
*The Chorus performed a very successful production called " A Spring Time Extravaganza." This original choral revue was written and  directed by Dr. L. Shaw.
*Taniyah McCrimon was selected as a member of the Georgia State-Wide Sixth Grade Honors Chorus.
*Both boys and girls basketball teams went to the Dekalb County Middle School Playoffs.  The boys team made it to the quater finals.
*Ms. Lindsay Roberts won the Art Star Teacher Award
*The Robotics Club competed in the first Lego League.
*FCCLA attended the Fall Leadership Conference in Covington, Georgia.
*The Young Men of Distinction raised money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. 
 
 
 
 



District Home      |       Parents      |       School Nutrition      |       Bus Routes
Quick-Edit Login